We are hiring!
Senior Naval Architect – Victoria, BC
As our Senior Naval Architect, you will bring your high degree of technical knowledge and innovative engineering experience to our Victoria office to provide turnkey solutions for various clients. You will be primarily responsible for all aspects of engineering design of new design and vessel refits from concept through to implementation. Projects vary in complexity and size, small equipment installations to whole vessel detail design.
• Work directly with stakeholders and project managers in the planning and execution of technical activities on a variety of complex projects related to vessel (ship) and technical product development.
• Oversee intermediate and junior level staff in all aspects of Naval Architecture.
• Oversee projects as a project manager on a variety of projects, new vessel design to refits.
• Prepare project plans and work specifications for each individual vessel.
• Perform design, documentation, analysis and modeling tasks using appropriate software packages.
• Review design documents to achieve customer, Classification Society and regulatory approval.
• Oversees various stages of the construction process, as assigned. Solves problems and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Ability to undertake onsite vessel surveys (condition surveys, lightship surveys, inclining experiments) including vertical ladder ascent and descent, accessing confined spaces and heights.
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Naval Architecture.
• Registered or are eligible to register as Professional Engineer with the appropriate provincial engineering body.
• Minimum 10+ years in a design office / shipyard with project management skills experience in refit/new vessel projects.
• Familiarity with BC marketplace for ship operators and or ferry operators an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
• Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
• Expert knowledge with GHS. Working knowledge of ShipConstructor, Rhino and ACAD software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Familiar with all aspects of the vessel design portfolio including hull, structural, piping, and mechanical.
• Ability to work unsupervised and lead a small team.
• Committed to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all safety laws and 3GA safety policies and procedures.
• Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
• Availability and willingness to travel.
A bonus scheme based on individual and company performance
A flexible work environment
Extended dental and health benefits
Open door leadership philosophy
Open floor plan design / collaborative working space
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.